Saturday, 10 September 2016

Lifestyle | Exam Results Day

On the 25th August, I picked up my GCSE results and it was probably one of the most nerve-wracking things I've ever had to do. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll probably know that I suffer from anxiety, and a mix of anxiety and exam results is not a great one. The whole week leading up to my exam results, I was worried sick. I knew there was nothing I could do to change them, as many people felt the need to remind me, but that was not a comfort to me. I felt that because there was nothing I could do, I would be stuck with them forever, no matter if they were good or bad. The date loomed in my mind, and I would constantly think about how I would react in every possible situation. So, to make myself feel better, I came up with a plan.

Before I'd even taken all of my exams, I knew I wasn't going to be opening my envelope in front of everyone. I thought about what I'd do if I'd done badly, and I wouldn't want to ruin my friends' celebrations if they had all done really well. Originally, I decided to walk home with the envelope and open it with my family, but it actually went a little bit differently, and I'll talk about that a little bit later.

So, back to the 24th August, the day before Results Day. I was a complete bag of nerves and my mind was racing about what tomorrow might bring. To calm myself down, I decided to watch the first episode of the Great British Bake Off with my Mum. I absolutely LOVE the Bake Off, even though I cannot bake to save my life! (Also, Val is totally my favourite contestant if you've been watching!)The Bake Off took my mind off the anxiety for a while, but as soon as it was over, the anxiety came flooding back

I knew there was no chance of me sleeping at all, but even so, I got into bed and then decided to watch some films on my laptop and hope that I'd drift off... which didn't happen! I watched three full two-hour films, which were Back to the Future, You've Got Mail and The Proposal. Back to the Future is one of my favourite films, and I just absolutely love it and it definitely took my mind off things. I'd never actually seen You've Got Mail before, but it's definitely one of my favourite films now! If you haven't seen it, you absolutely have to! It's just so adorable, and I was sobbing at the end it was so cute! The Proposal is just hilarious, and Ryan Reynolds is just so funny with Sandra Bullock!

By the time my three films had finished, it was about 6:30am. I had a headache and I was panicking...badly. I wasn't able to pick up my results until 9am, so I still had two and a half hours to kill. I made some breakfast and turned on my TV, which totally did not help. It was full of teenagers also getting their results and that just made me feel so much worse and reminded me that in less than 3 hours, I would either be completely ecstatic or really really upset.

The morning seemed to completely drag, yet went too quickly at the same time. Soon though, it turned 8:45am and I was in the car with my mum on the way down to my school. I was actually one of the first people to turn up, and I waited for a couple minutes until one of my friends turned up. We went inside together and waited until we were allowed to go into the school hall. 

It's worth mentioning the fact that I looked like a complete hot mess - my dark circles were real, my hair was just thrown up in a bun and I had a random outfit on that was the first thing I grabbed from my wardrobe. I thought I'd mention this because one of my teachers then decided to randomly start taking pictures of me and my friend while we waited. It was so awkward and I looked awful and ugh it was stressful. The last thing I needed was a camera in my face whilst I'm panicking.

Anyway, I was one of the first people to get my results and as soon as I got my white envelope, I walked out to my mum who was sat in the car. My hands were literally shaking as I opened the envelope, and as soon as I saw my results I started crying... happy crying though! Thankfully, I did really well, and I met all of my targets - and even exceeded a few!

So that was my results day! I'm so sorry this is so late, but I thought it was still kinda relevant with the whole "Back to School" theme! Thank you so much for reading this, and let me know in the comments how your Results Day went!
I hope you're having a wonderful day!
Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your results, well done, I'm really happy for you! We don't have GCSEs in my country but I still remember getting my a-level results - I was shaking and I honestly thought I would faint in front of everyone but luckily I didn't. We didn't get envelopes so there was no way of putting off the inevitable but just like you I was super happy with my results and shed a few happy tears xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete