Diary of A Day | Planet Hana Collaboration

As you may have been able to tell from the title, today's post is a collaboration with Planet Hana, who's gorgeous blog you can check out here. Go read her post here and leave her a comment once you'd read this post!

So, on with the post!

2nd July 2016
Dear Diary

I’m writing this on Saturday 2nd July, the day after my school Prom, because I had absolutely no time to write last night as I got in so late! I literally went to bed at 2am. Anyway, I had already had my spray tan, and my extensions were all sorted, so all I needed to do was actually get ready!

I got up and out of bed, at about 10am to get into the shower and wash my spray tan, so I wouldn’t look quite so orange! Then, the great getting ready began. My hair was booked for 3:30pm, so I had to start putting my eye makeup on quite early, because my lovely hairdresser was also going to be putting my false eyelashes on for me. My prom dress was navy and gold, so I decided to go for a gold eye look, using the Naked palette's Virgin, Half-Baked and Smog with a winged eyeliner. It took multiple (about 7 to be exact!) attempts to get the eyeliner wings even, but when it was finished, I'm not going to lie, but it did look quite good!

Once my eye makeup was done, my hairdresser arrived, which was perfect timing! A couple of days before, she had taken the extensions and sewn the clips on herself. She had also created a hair piece that looked like a flower out of a plait, which was totally adorable! My hair was very 1960's styled, with a half up, half down bouffant with curls. It was so pretty, and I wish I could've gotten a picture.

 After my hair was finished, I ran back upstairs to sort the rest of my makeup out. Normally, I have an extremely fair complexion, and the foundation I usually use is the Urban Decay Naked Skin in 1. That's how pale I am. I had a mild panic attack when I realised that would be waaaaaaaay too pale for my now tanned face. Thankfully, I remembered I had bought a No.7 foundation in the shade Calico. This was the lightest shade in the range, but was still too dark for me, but was the absolute perfect shade for my tanned face. I then used Benefit's Hoola bronzer, as well as the High Beam highlighter to add a bit more definition to my cheekbones. Finally, I used Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipstick in the colour Flirtation, as it was the perfect nude lipstick!

Next up was the "photoshoot" in which my parents and grandparents took a TON of pictures of me which was super awkward because I am not photogenic at all. I'm probably the most awkward human ever so I was just stood there smiling when in my head I was just like "please kill me now". This lasted for about half an hour, and then we got into the car and headed off to the venue.

My Prom started at 6:30pm for "pre-drinks" (i.e. orange squash or something) and it didn't actually start until 7pm. My friends and I decided to get to the venue for 6:45pm. I was so nervous on the car journey; so many questions ran through my head like "what if someone's wearing my dress?" "do I look okay?" "Is my makeup too much?" "Is my tan too orange!?"

Once I got there though, I forgot all about those thoughts because everybody looked amazing! Literally everyone looked so fabulous, and it was so great to see everyone having a good time! In the venue there was this little dancefloor as well as a photobooth at the back.We had so much fun with the photobooth oh my god, it was hilarious!    

Now, if you've read some of my previous posts, you may be aware that modern music is not really my thing, and I prefer older stuff. But, even so, and I don't know how, I was dragged onto the dancefloor and I was actually dancing. Well, if you call bouncing up and down with everyone else dancing. I actually pulled the muscles in both calves because I had been boucing with my friends so much! Oh, and my heels had been kicked off after like literally 30 seconds of dancing, and I think every girl there who had heels on was dancing barefoot within the first 15 minutes.   

Overall, the night was amazing, and although I didn't go to an after party (our year sucked and nobody volunteered as tribute to let the whole year trash their house) I still had an amazing time! I actually did not want to go to Prom since it had been announced, because I'm not a big party person, but I actually had an amazing time. 

So I've rambled enough now, but thank you so much to Planet Hana for letting me collaborate with her! Please go and check out her post here and follow her, because her blog is brilliant! 

Thank you so much for reading, and leave a comment below!

I hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lovely post! It sounds like you had a great time at prom! Your make up and dress must have looked beautiful! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! Aww thank you!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had an amazing time! I bet you looked stunning! I never went to prom, sigh! I loved this type of post! It was fun and really cool!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! Aww thank you so much, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, and it was!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete