Monthly Favourites | October

Hello World!

Well, I have no idea where October has gone, and now we're into November. The only thing I can think of right now is how close we are to Christmas! October hasn't been the most exciting month, because it's consisted of a lot of revision and studying. This means I haven't been out much, but I have managed to grab a few beauty favourites from my local drugstore, Boots. I've also got a few other non-beauty related items, such as books and even a water bottle!
Also, I hope you like the new layout of my posts. Hopefully each post from now on will have a cute lil picture edited by me, however the photography is not mine!

Beauty favourites
Garnier Micellar Water

This stuff is an actual miracle worker. I've been obsessed with this product for a couple of months now, so I thought it was well worthy of a place in my first ever monthly favourites! I'm sure the majority of people who read this blog will have heard of the Micellar water and know how amazing it is! However, it does tend to sting my eyes a bit when taking off any heavy eye makeup, but I've found that holding the cotten pad on your eye for a couple of seconds, then wiping stops the stinging.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor

Again, this product is pretty much an absolute staple for a lot of people because its just incredible. I have the worst dark circles, because I don't sleep until like 3am every night (yay), and I could never find a concealor that would cover them. I tried the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealor, which was quite cakey and filled in the lines underneath my eyes and the Natural Collection concealor which actually irritated my eyes a bit. This concealor though, it's amazing and I can't believe I didn't try it earlier!
L'Oreal Colour Riche - Doutzen's Nude

I've been really into nude and baby pink coloured lipsticks forever, however I do sometimes like to go for a bit of a colour pop, especially in autumn! However, because of school, I've turned to this L'Oreal lipstick. It is probably the best lipstick I own, the colour is gorgeous and the pigmentation is so good. It's also such a creamy consistancy which doesn't fill in the lines in my lips. I would definitely recommend this lipstick!

Book Favourites
Emma by Jane Austin
I only started reading this book towards the end of October, and although the vocabulary and term of phrase can often be quite challenging, the story of Emma is just a classic. I absolutely loved Pride and Prejudice - and I even enjoyed the TV series on Netflix! This book is a literary classic, and I would recommend everyone who loves reading to read it, if you haven't already!
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
I decided to buy this book after hearing Zoe talk about it. I read the blurb in Waterstones and it sounded amazing. I pretty much read this book in 2 days (whilst I was on my London Adventure!). The story has themes of depression and mental illness and I can't explain other than Jennifer Niven just "gets it". She completely understands what it's like to feel depressed, how you can feel trapped etc. It's not all sad, but you have to read it. I weeped, but it's just a brilliant story!
Random Favourites
Coca Cola Waterbottle/Flask

I was given this waterbottle/flask as a present from my amazing best friend, Kayleigh! We're pen pals who met over Instagram nearly 2 years agao and it was so lovely of her to send this over to me! We often exchange gifts, and I cannot wait to send her Christmas gifts over. I've been using this waterbottle for school and I've had tons of comments about it, and people's faces when I say it's from America is the funniest thing! It's so cool that the opening is a ring pull too - it's the little details like this that make me happy guys!
 
Dixon Ticonderoga Pencils

I've been spending a lot of October, especially during half term, doing my GCSE Art coursework and these pencils have been brilliant for it. I enjoy watching a lot of art tutorials on Youtube, and many of the professional artists use this pencil. If you enjoy doing art, you should definitely try to get a hold of some of these pencils because they are amazing! They're great for shading and just generally a good pencil!

I hope you've enjoyed reading my October favourites! Have you tried any of these products? Are they your favourites too? Let me know in the comments!

Hope you're having an amazing day wherever you are in the world :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo


Note: I do not own any of these photos

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. I need I need all the bright places!! Deffo adding that to my Christmas wish list! I also need to get my hands on the collection concealer, I've heard so many good reviews about it! Xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Becky! You really do need to read All The Bright Places because omg, it's just brilliant and I promise you'll cry at the ending! The concealor is amazing too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I really want to read Emma and All The Bright Places, both sound great and I really enjoyed reading Pride & Prejudice and Sense & Sensibility. :) The Lasting Perfection Concealer is great, it's one of my all time favourites. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma is such an amazing story, and even though I haven't gotten that far into the story, I love it! I enjoyed reading Pride and Prejudice too, but I haven't got round to reading Sense and Sensibility!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Collection Lasting Perfection concealer is always going to be my favourite concealer, it's so inexpensive and it even highlights my pale skin!! ahaha :)
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww omg, it's definitely up there as one of my favourites too! Omg, I'm literally the palest of the pale and it does the same with me haha!
      Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete