Friday, 13 November 2015

Lifestyle | Christmas Preparations!

Hello World!
 

So it's November, and we're officially allowed to mention Christmas! I'm so excited and I feel like the past couple of years haven't been very festive, however it's like all those missed festivites have built up! I'm so ready for Christmas, but my bank account probably isn't!

Like many people, I struggle for presents each year, whether it's the price of the item, or just the person in general is hard to buy for! I have a few tips to help you if you're struggling to buy presents too! Also, it's really good to be prepared for Christmas early, and start during November because you definitely do NOT want to be rushing round on the week before Christmas trying to find gifts for everyone you're buying for! Trust me, I've been there and it's just added stress that you don't need.

Also, this post is going to be aimed more at teenagers and young people with a few people to buy for, not like 3 million people and the whole family.


Step 1: Listing is KEY
Write a list of the people you're definitely going to be buying gifts for. This could be your mum, dad, siblings and any other immediate family that you're close with. I tend to stick with my parents, little brother and grandparents. I prefer to stick to about 5 or 6 relatives because otherwise, it's going to cost you a fortune. You don't have to stick to the people I've chosen either, you could include maybe your aunties, uncles or cousins too. 

Step 2: Set a Budget
As teenagers, it's often hard to find a lot of money without having a job, and I struggle with this a lot. I wold definitely recommend starting to save up around the middle of November, that was you can be sure you'll have enough by around a month's time, so mid-December. Obviously to earn money, you should try doing jobs around the house or local area. It's at this point you can begin to set a budget. Maybe try and save up maybe £40-£50 and aim to spend around £10 per person, however, it is okay to increase this! These are simply ideas to get you going!

Step 3: Gift Ideas
Once you've written out your list of people, perhaps begin to think of some thoughtful gift ideas, maybe they've been droppping hints of presents they'd absolutely love, or something you think they'll need. Thoughtful presents are always the best way to go at Christmas time, because it really shows that you care and appreciate the other person! Sometimes, a family member or friend could be hard to buy for, and I often suffer with this too! This is often quite a hard challenge to face, and often just asking them what's on their Christmas list is the best thing to do. You wouldn't want to waste money on a present they didn't want or need!

Step 4: Shopping
Once you have all of your gift ideas sorted, it's time to go shopping! Make sure you stick to your budget and make sure that you're happy with your ideas before you go out. Don't swap a gift for something you can't afford, as this could lead you to being a present or two short for other people in your family! Shopping can often be very daunting around the Christmas period, with long queues and crowds. Sometimes, to beat the rush, it is better to online shop, however I absolutely love the feeling of Christmas shopping, I don't know why! Also, make sure you don't waste your money on things you don't really need. I know the temptation to buy a Starbucks Christmas latte is real but you don't really need it - you could always make a coffee when you get home!


Step 5: Wrapping
Please, if you take on anything from this post, please wrap your presents as soon as possible!!! I was there last year, wrapping presents pretty much the night before Christmas Eve and it was the most stressful thing ever. Please, just don't leave it until the last minute. The best way to wrap presents is to do it as soon as you get home from shopping, that way you won't have to worry about it and you'll know you have everything sorted!

So there you go, my guide to Christmas preparations! Don't forget, you could always make your own presents too. What do you plan on getting for your family and friends this year? Are you excited for Christmas?

Hope you have an amazing day wherever you are in the world! :) 

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This was very helpful! I am always so unorganised when it comes to getting gifts but this year I am determined to change that :) x

    www.faith-trust-pixiiedust.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post and that I've been able to help!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hey, this is an amazing idea for a post! I found it so useful, because I always struggle with Christmas presents. My dad is so difficult to buy for, but I've got time to sort something out haha! I only buy for my parents, sister and best friends and I know what I'm getting my mum and sister so that's a start!
    Georgia xxx
    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for your lovely comment! My dad is always really difficult to buy for too! Aww I'm glad to hear that you're nearly finished preparing! It's always such a relief once you've got ideas :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great post, it's really important to plan your Christmas shopping - and I know the struggle, I also ended up wrapping presents the day before Christmas last year haha. And yes, I'm very excited, December is my favourite month of the year and I can't wait for Christmas. I'm not sure what I'm getting my friends & family, I will try to come up with some personal presents. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Omg, it's the absolute worst being last minute - so much stress! Aww, I'm sure you'll come up with some great gift ideas! :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Such a helpful list, thanks! I still have to go christmas shopping and it's pure chaos in my head :p And I always feel bad when I end up getting more presents than I actually gave to others.

    xx Ilse | www.ilsedanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Aww I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! I agree, it's so awkward and I feel like I haven't done enough!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete