Sunday, 29 November 2015

Advent | Christmas Lush Review with Chattergirl

Hello World!

Welcome to my first post of my Advent Extravaganza! This week, as you may have guessed by the title, is a Christmas Lush review of two amazing products with an equally amazing blogger! Her name is Chattergirl, and we actually started our blogs up around the same time this year. I think her blog is amazing, and I've read every post she's ever written. We're going to be reviewing one product, the Holly Golightly Bubble Bar on my blog, and we've also made a post over on her blog where we reviewed the Candy Mountain Bubble Bar which you can check out here. Anyway, on with the review!


The Holly Golightly bubble bar is probably one of the most festive products that Lush makes, and is definitely one of my favourite products too. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous, with the green and silver glitter, and the cute lil sprig of holly on top. It's just like Christmas in a bubble bar! I actually didn't realise how big and chunky it was until I bought it in the shop and it's quite heavy! I was originally going to use the whole bubble bar in one bath, however after seeing the size of it, I thought again. When I saw the price of the Holly Golightly bubble bar, I thought that it was a little on the expensive side as most products in Lush are usually about £2-£3. But, the good thing about the Holly Golightly bubble bar is that it lasts for at least 3 baths because of its size. This can make it a little bit difficult to crumble into the bath, so, like Chattergirl says later on in the review, cutting it into pieces should fix the problem. 
The smell, oh my goodness, the smell of this bubble bar is just gorgeous. On Lush's website, the ingredients listed are:
  • Clove Leaf Oil
  • Lime Oil
  • Cinnamon Leaf Oil
  • Sweet Orange Oil
  • Patchouli Oil
You are really able to smell the cinnamon and the patchouli in the bubble bar, and it is such a great combination. The smell clings to your skin too, for hours after bathing and it's such an absolutely gorgeous smell. Whilst in the bath, you can smell more of the clove and orange notes, but it’s the earthy, musky smell of the cinnamon and patchouli that stick around.
I couldn't actually believe how many bubbles there were from the amount of bubble bar I'd crumbled in - it was amazing! I'd say I used about a third of the bubble bar in one use, and as you can tell from the pictures, there were tons of bubbles!! The bubbles were also really long lasting too, which is what’s great about the majority of Lush’s bubble bars. The colour this bubble bar makes the water is gorgeous too, depending on how much of the product you crumble in. I also love the tiny bits of shimmer that float around giving that extra bit of sparkle! The essential oils in the bubble bar are gorgeous and leave your skin feeling so soft and smelling amazing. For me, there was a little bit of shimmer, that stayed on my skin after the bath, but it's barely noticeable!
There were no major problems with this bubble bar, and I'd definitely rate it a 9 or even 10/10 because I absolutely love the smell, the amount of bubbles and the colour. The only thing I would say is the glitter gets everywhere and also, it is a bit expensive, however it does last for a while, so I can understand why it's price would be higher.

Chattergirl's Review
 Inline image 2

Holly Golightly is one of Lush's most popular Christmas bubble bars, so I had quite high expectations for this product and trust me it did not disappoint. Holly Golightly is priced at £4.75 which I originally thought was a little pricy for a bubble bar but when I went in store I could see that it was massive and that you can get about 4 uses out of it which I think is amazing value for money.

The best thing about the Holly Golightly is the smell, it literally smells like Christmas. It has a deep cinnamon scent,with little hints of clove and orange, making the whole bathroom smell like mulled wine, which in my opinion is one of the most christmassy smells ever. Another good thing about the Holly Golightly is that it turns the water into a lovely deep green or light green colour (depending on how much of the bubble bar you crumble in) but it also fills the bath with loads of bubbles and pretty speckles of glitter. I also like that after about five minutes in the bath I noticed that my skin started to feel a little smoother,the smell also stuck to my skin for quite some time which is always a plus in a bubble bar.

Now onto the downsides. There aren't that many and the ones I found were nothing really major. The main problem for me was that the bubble bar was very glittery on the outside and the glitter does literally get everywhere, so be careful when picking up the bubble bar. Another problem I had with the bubble bar was that it's really really solid, making it hard to break up, but you can just solve this by cutting it instead.

I would rate the Holly Golightly a 9/10 because it  was extremely good and went past my expectations but there were some tiny problems. I would recommend  this product to anyone and I will be definitely purchasing again

Can I also just say a huge thank you to Marshmallow Skies for letting me come onto her blog, it means a lot, so thank you! - It's no problem, I've loved doing this review with you!
Thanks so much to Chattergirl for agreeing to be the first blogger to participate in my Advent Extravaganza! It's been so much fun doing this, so thank you!
What's your favourite Lush Christmas product? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks so much for reading this guys, hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world :)
Don't forget to check out Chattergirl's blog here!

Lots of love
Marshmallow Skye and Chattergirl
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. They both look so amazing! Really need to do a lush spree! Caint wait for upcoming posts! I am doing blogmas!
    Lots of love x
    www.literalllylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Omg thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoy reading my posts! I'll definitely be checking out your blogmas!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This post makes me want to go to Lush! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I'm obsessed with Lush around Christmas time! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Mira!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Aww love this girlys!! I'm sooo excited for Christmas, so Christmas related posts make me so happy, and better yet christmas Lush products make me wanna go shopping!! Amazing reviews, I've never tried this product before so I'm deffo going to!! I love the colour green, and I love how many bubbles it creates in the bath! xxxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting really festive now too Becky omg, and I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! Aww, let me know how you get on with it!
      Thanks so much for commenting!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Loved this review! I wasn't sure whether I wanted to buy this but now I've read this I definitely will in the future!
    MissIzzie xx
    missizziesite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (sorry about the 'anonymous' part, it wouldn't let me post otherwise!)

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I've only just seen these comments! Thank you so much for commenting, and don't worry about the Anonymous part!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete