Latest Blog Post | A Little Update...

Hello World!

A few things have been concerning me recently, so I thought I should make a blog post to address those issues I've been going through. The first, is that I want my blog is be my happy little corner of the Internet. The place I can come and write about the things I love and the things I'm going through. However, recently, I've found myself unable to write and shrinking inside myself. I haven't been feeling happy at all recently, in fact I haven't been myself for a while now. This means I can't write the happy blog posts I want to, because I don't want to and cannot fake it. I just feel so empty and numb for no reason and I cannot simply switch into being a happy, excitable person as soon as I start writing.

I have so many ideas for so many posts, but I just cannot carry them through because I either lose focus or run out of ideas a minute after I start writing. I just feel like I no longer have a lot to say, however I know I do. I'm just struggling to get the words out and into a sentence properly. I absolutely adore my blog and every single one of my readers, and I don't want to ruin it by posting negative things, because I'm not like that as a person. I always try and look on the brighter side, but recently I just don't even feel like getting out of bed.

I feel so under pressure to write more posts too, and the fact that I physically cannot write anything just gives me anxiety and stresses me out. I don't want to let anyone down who reads my blog, and I want to consistently produce content I want to share. Not a load of rubbish either. I want to post content that I've put effort into, but I have so many other things on my mind. This is the thing, I want to post, but I don't want to write things that:

  • are a waste of time reading
  • are negative
  • I haven't put much effort into
Another thing is the fact that I feel that I can't continue my series Do You Ever Feel... for a while, because I don't want to sound like a hypocrite. I don't feel that I'm in a position to give people advice if I'm not in my right mind. Hopefully I'll be able to continue them soon, because I did enjoy writing them, however as I said before, I haven't been able to focus enough to write.

I don't know what to do anymore, so if anyone has any ideas on what I should do, please post them in the comments.

Hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you're feeling,I lacked motivation and just simply couldn't blog before but I got over it by writing all my ideas in a book and so I could look at them choose my favourite one and then do a mind map about it,I also keep I a happy journal,filled with all of the memories that make me laugh whenever I feel down and not myself I look back through them and it lifts my mood up,I also recommend taking a break because it helps you just to relax and get your mind off of things.I know that it can be upsetting and frustrating but trust me it will get better.You are not letting anybody down and right now I think you just need to focus on you and what makes you happy.I am here if you need to talk.

    Lots of love
    Chatter girl
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww hunnie I just want to give you a massive hug! Are you seeking any help or talking to anyone about feeling down? Please do know that you are never alone and I'm always here if you need to talk and I'm sure many others are here for you too. I would highly recommend a book called The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris, it is truly wonderful in so many ways for stress and anxiety and I always love a does of Gala Darling's posts and lists she is seriously a Queen http://galadarling.com/article/100-things-to-do-when-youre-upset-the-sad-trombone-list/ and she also has a post about writers block http://galadarling.com/article/how-to-beat-writers-block/ QUEEN I TELL YOU QUEEN!!!Sounds like you're going through a lot right now and that sucks and I think you need to learn to be compassionate with yourself and know that it's ok not to feel ok, no one is happy all the time. Maybe focus on giving yourself a break and seeking out some help for your anxiety and numbness and then ease yourself into learning to write about what you truly want and as truly cheesy as this sounds let it come from the heart because when you do that is when the magic happens and well Gala's list will also make magic happen too! ;) Sending MASSIVE HUGS and LOVE your way! It gets better! <3 xoxo

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally see where you're coming from! I always lose interest in writing blog posts even though I love my blog millions and my readers but it's just so hard. I've also gone through feeling down loads so don't worry, your not alone! I'm here if you need to talk about anything Xxx

    Hugs,
    Daizy X
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete