Friday, 16 October 2015

Fashion | Autumn Wishlist

Hello World!

Welcome back to my little corner, Marshmallow Skies! I've taken a few weeks to just concentrate on my schoolwork and on myself, to try and figure out where I'm going and what content I want to post on this blog. I won't go into much detail, but I am back, and I've taken the time to write a few posts in advance so if I've got tonnes of school work to do then I won't leave you guys in the dark. Also, I'll try and let you guys know if I'm unable to upload a post over on my Twitter
Another update will be that I'll be going down to 1 post per week, so about 4 per month. I just found the schedule I made for myself really overwhelming and I think it's been the cause of me panicking about having like 3 million things to do, on top of school and being with my family and friends. Sorry if this upsets any of you, but hopefully this way, I'll be able to put much more time and effort into each post, instead of just rushing through a post to upload it as soon as I can! Hopefully, this'll be a good change, and I have a feeling it will!

Anyway, on with the post!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Autumn Guys!

I haven't written or uploaded any Autumn-themed posts yet and I feel like I'm really missing out, so today I decided to grab my computer and get online shopping! I've seen a few Autumn wishlist posts and I was really inspired to write my own because I absolutely love clothes shopping, however, being a teenager I'm constantly broke! I also really love the transition from the Summer season to the Autumn/Winter season because I really love cuddling up in long sleeved jumpers and scarves and also the colours are gorgeous!
I've collected these items from a number of UK highstreet shops, such as Topshop and River Island, as well as M&S!

My fashion sense is very focused on the Sixties Mod trend that's popped up in a lot of popular fashion this year, however, I've been buying these types of clothes for around about a year and a half. I absolutely love the whole British Mod culture because I absolutely love the way it expresses my personality. I'm really interested in the Sixties pop culture, especially the music of the era!


Also, just to note, I do not own any of these photos, they are from each of the retailers websites and it's stated which retailer the item is from underneath.


Dresses
I've been absolutely loving pinafore dresses this year, I think they're so Sixties styled and they're so comfortable! They also automatically make an outfit look so well put together because of the different layers and textures. I'm also really into funnel and polo necked dresses because they're awesome for staying warm when you're outside and also look really chic!
Topshop
Checked Pinafore Dress
Price: £42.00
Topshop 
Cord Pinafore Dress
Price: £39.00

Topshop
Two-in-One Oxford Shirt Dress by Sister Jane
Price: £68.00
Topshop
Checked Funnel Neck Tunic Dress
Price: £26.00

Blouses/Shirts/Tops
Like with the dresses, I've been very into polo necks and funnel necks in plain colours which are great for layering! I can totally see myself pairing the white blah blah with the Checked Pinafore and even the Cord Pinafore Dress. I would also layer beige funnel neck ribbed top with the Checked Pinafore too, as the tartan pattern has a slight beige hint in it. The beige funnel neck is also quite inexpensive for £16 and also comes in a rainbow variety of colours! I think these polo necks are absolute staples in the Autumn/Winter because they're great for layering and keep you warm so well! Also, it gives that real cosy autumnal feeling.

Topshop
Button Cuff Funnel Neck Jumper
Price: £25.00

River Island
Cream open back button-up shirt

Price: £28.00


River Island
Dark wash smart denim shirt

Price: £32.00


Topshop
Ribbed Funnel Neck Top
Price: £16.00



Skirts
Skirts are absolutely great in Autumn/Winter and I really think you can't go wrong! You can dress them up, or make them much more casual just by putting on a pair of heels or a pair of boots! In the Autumn, I love wearing ankle and chelsea boots (which I'll get onto in a bit!) because I think they really extend the legs and make you look so much taller! I'm really into miniskirts at the moment, because the miniskirt was invented in the Sixites after all, and if there's one part of my body I'm confortable showing off, it's my legs. I have height on my side, but the only thing that means is that I have to shop in the tall section!

Topshop
Buckle A-Line Mini Skirt

Price: £42.00

M&S
Checked A-Line Mini Skirt with Wool

Price: £35.00
M&S
Dogtooth Print A-Line Mini Skirt
Price: £35.00
Topshop
Checked Twill High-Waisted Skirt
Price: £36.00


Shoes/Boots
Autumn/Winter is the absolute time to grab those boots out the back of your wardrobe! I'm really obssessed with Chelsea boots and ankle boots recently because I think they look absolutely adorable with mini skirts and dresses! Patent leather boots are also really in right now, because of their connections with the Sixties, but they are just so cute! Like the polo and funnel necked jumpers, boots are totally an Autumn/Winter staple. I also really like to wear flat lace ups around this time of the year, because they're just as cool and comfy as boots! Mannish, brogue-type shoes are very in right now too. I think it's also nice to not just stick to black and brown boots and shoes, but to experiment with deep red shades and even dark blue shades too.
Topshop
BLISS Chelsea Boots
Price: £45.00
Topshop
FRILLA Lace Up Shoes
Price: £12.00
Topshop
KIND Box Leather Lace-Up Shoes
Price: £20.00


Topshop
MARY '60s Patent Chelsea Boots
Price: £75.00


Bags
I don't own many large bags, which have been really in recently so I've had chance to look for one for a while now! I really love the Topshop bags because I think they're such a good price for the quality of them and the amount of space they have! I've picked out two of my favourites as I'm aware of how long this post is already!


Topshop
PU Pocket Backpack
Price: £34.00

Topshop
Smart PU Holdall
Price: £39.00

Well thank you so much if you've gotten all the way to the end! I hope you enjoyed my first Fashion post too, and if you enjoyed this, let me know in the comments if you did and what fashion posts I should do next! What was your favourite item in the Wishlist? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter

Hope you're having an amazing day wherevr you are in the world! :)


Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back :) And I tried to upload 3 posts a week and there was no way I could do it - I don't even have a blogging schedule haha ( although I'm aiming for twice a week). River Island and Topshop are amongst my favourite highstreet shops. :) My favourite item on the list are the Bliss Chelsea Boots (Topshop), I would love to have those. Other than that, I found a beautiful black coat at Topshop. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your lovely comment! Omg, I really underestimated how difficult blogging like 3 times a week would be! I'm absolutely obsessed with Topshop, as you can tell from this post haha! Aww lovely!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back with another post!:) I love this one, so much detail well done you!:) I absolutely love autumn and winter for fashion... I never ever used to but this year I love the fashion! I really want a pinafore dress :( the ones you have included photos of are absolutely gorgeous oh my gosh!!! I also am loving turtle necks this year, I have one on whilst writing this haha I just can't stop wearing them! I also love Chelsea boots, I never take my black ankle boots off!! :) xxxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Becky! And thanks for much for your lovely comment! I think we probably have a really similar fashion taste tbh! I'm so obsessed with turtle necks, like I need one in every colour! I'm the same with the boots too haha!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I loooooove the dresses which are on your wish list, and also the shirts, they're casual but beautiful, and checked pattern is amazing for fall.
    Have a nice weekend! xx

    selenaponcestyle.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for taking the time to comment! Omg, I know right, the checked pattern is lovely!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just got to know you through twitter and am following your blog now. I love reading posts about autumn/winter and I think this wishlist-thing is such a good idea! I might even do something similar on my blog too, thanks for the inspiration! I like the Bliss Chelsea boots and the checked skirt! Have a good weekend & thanks for checking out my blog as well!!

    www.ilsedanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment, and for taking the time to follow me! Aww, I would absolutely love to read your autumn wishlist! I'm obsessed with the boots too!
      Hope you had a great weekend as well!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! I love this post so much,all of the clothes on your wishlist are my kind of style- River Island and Topshop are two of my favourite shops.I really liked this post and think I might do a similar post on my blog too!

    Lots of love
    Chatter girl
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for this lovely comment! That's so cool that we have the same sort of fashion taste - I'm obsessed with Topshop! I'm so glad I've inspired you, can't wait to read your post soon!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete