Record of the Month | August 2015

Hello World!

So today is my first Record of the Month post, and you guys don't know how excited I've been to start writing this! The month of August has brought a lot of travelling across the country, to visit family in Norfolk and to go sightseeing in London. However, this means I haven't had time to buy any more records, but I thought I'd introduce you to my record collection for this first ever Record of the Month. 

First of all, my beautiful record box, my absolute pride and joy! One of my best friends, Peri, handmade this for me for my birthday this year. Before the box, my records had been precariously leaning up against my wall, and with the amount my collection has grown since then, they would be all over the floor without it! Also, it has George Harrison on it so it's automatically one of my favourite things ever! She tried to incorporate all of my personality onto the front, and the winged eyeliner pretty much sums up my whole makeup look.






Next, is my record player, a Steepletone SRP1R-11 Retro Style 3 Speed Record Player, bright red to match the rest of my bedroom. I was given this as a Christmas present last year from my parents, and is personally, the best thing in my bedroom. I won't go into too much detail with the features because its pretty much a standard record player with 33 13 , 45 and 78 RPM, built in speakers and FM radio. 







Now, for the pièce de résistance, my records! I've organised them alphabetically under artist and then chronologically under the artist (if that makes any sense?). Also, my parents were feeling quite nostalgic so some of their old records are in there too, such as Tina Turner, Kate Bush and football commentary records, (thanks to my dad) which I don't listen to. Today though, I'm just going to focus on my Beatles collection. I have about equal number original and remastered Beatles albums, as I got my first remastered records along with my record player last Christmas from my parents and grandparents. I own nearly every Beatles record apart from With the Beatles, The White Album, Yellow Submarine and Let it Be.







So that's my record player and my Beatles collection so far! Hope you guys enjoyed this post, I know it's a bit late considering September's already started! The first proper Record of the Month will be up on the first Thursday of October, so stay tuned if you like this type of post!

Hope you're having a great day wherever you are in the world! :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

You May Also Like

14 comments

  1. These look so cool! I love records but I don't have anything to play them on, lovely post xxx

    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your lovely comment! If you love records, you should totally invest in a record player, even a cheap one from a carboot sale or ebay, they're so cool and if you're a fan of music I'd totally recommend you get one!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. The box looks amazing! I absolutely love listening to the Beatles, when I was little my dad and me used to listen to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da a lot. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment! Omg, I'm obsessed with the Beatles haha! George is my fave! Aww, that's so cute - I always listen to Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da whenever I feel sad, and it never fails to put a smile on my face!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. That's so cool! I've always wanted to have a record player :) xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting!! Omg, you should totally get one, it's like my prized possession!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love your record box! Me and my dad like to collect records together,it's got a bit out of hand though and we now have a room just dedicated to music! Some of our favourites are by the Beatles.Your record player looks amazing,love the colour.

    Hope your having a nice day!
    Lots of love
    Chatter girl
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for commenting! Aww that's so cool, I'm the same! Me, my dad and my two uncles all collect records and it's so fun! Aww that's so cool, and I'm so happy that other people like the Beatles too! Aww thanks so much! Hope you're having a fab day!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love the box for it, how lovely of your friend to make you that aww! I've always wanted to have a record player, I might have to invest!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hun! Omg I know, she's so lovely! You should totally invest in a record player - especially if you've been thinking about it!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. My husband & I love collecting vinyl! We've got a fairly small collection, but it's so much fun for the two of us to do together. Plus, it sounds so much better!

    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, vinyl is the way music is supposed to sound!! That's such a cute thing to do omg, relationship goals!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete