Lifestyle | When People Get Mean

Hello World!

Today, I was inspired to write a post about bullying and mean people. It's probably going to be quite short because I don't want to ramble on and I hope that I can try and help anyone of you going through bullying or just general hate. 

Personally, I try to take a really happy and positive outlook on life, no matter what the situation. Say I fail a mock exam (which I did last year, oops) by getting a D. I would think, well, I can use this as a way to improve and as a motivation for next year, because I definitely don't want to feel this low again. It also helped that my teacher said that she could see that I'd revised, I just didn't answer the questions in the correct way, so well done me! 

I just feel that, there is NO excuse for being mean to somebody for no reason. I don't understand how some people feel that their snarky comments will positively impact someone else life. There is no need for being mean or bullying somebody, and it is just completely unnecessary. Why would you ever want to live your life by bringing somebody else down, just to make yourself feel good, or make yourself look better? 

I'm going to be honest, I get jealous really easily. I'd wish I acted like another person, or looked like another person or had the newest phone or whatever. I'm a very materialistic person and I really wish that I wasn't. I'm going to admit, I have been mean to people because I've been jealous, and we're all only human. The thing I'm against is being mean to somebody for seemingly, no reason or just for the "fun" of it. And constantly bringing somebody down is just wrong. You may have no idea what that person is going through or has been through. You don't know how your awful words has affected that person. Imagine if they did something to themselves, how would you be able to live if you knew what you were saying could've prevented it.

That's the thing. It's so easily preventable. All you have to do is think before you speak. If it's something nice, say it. If it isn't, shut your mouth and forget about it. It's simple. I just wish some people would remember this, because I've been through this sort of thing, and it's just awful. It makes me feel so low and it'll consume me for days.

I don't know if any of you watch Carrie Hope Fletcher over on YouTube (if you don't, you should totally check out her channel) but she posted a video either today or yesterday, that inspired me to write a post about people being mean after she went through a body shaming incident (I might do another post about body shaming and my views on it if you guys want). Like she said, there is just no need for bullying or just sly comments about the way you look, act or what you like. It's wrong and it needs to stop.

To the people that are going through this sort of thing, I promise you that they are just horrible people. Stand up for yourself or, if it's just a petty way at getting your attention, just ignore them. Tell someone that these sorts of comments are being said to you, because, no matter how scary that may seem or how scary the consequences may seem, it's always better to tell someone, like a parent or guardian or a teacher how you're feeling so they can try to help you sort the problem out. You, reading this, right now, you are an amazing human being and I can firmly say, I love each and every one of you reading this post. You'll move past those horrible people, and be confident in who you are.

Hope you guys enjoyed this spontaneous little post today, please share this with your friends if they're going through a situation like this and they feel a bit low. Comment down below if you've ever gone through an experience like this and how you dealt with it. Hope you're having a great day wherever you are in the world :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. Another amazing post! I completely agree that there is just no need for people to be mean,it can drag people down and make them feel horrible about themselves.At school people are mean to other people that they don't know and just do it for the fun or because a group of friends told them to and I always think do you really want friends like that,if they do it to that person what is going to stop them doing that to you,the bullies wouldn't like it if they were treated in that way so they should always treat people how they would like themselfs to be treated.I really just don't see the point at all of being mean.
    Lots of love
    Chatter girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for your lovely comment! You are so right, I totally agree with what you're saying, I don't understand why people would want friends like that. I'd rather be alone thann have horrible friends. I don't see the point either, it's so uncalled for!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. great post!
    I've been following the Nicole Arbour Drama too, I just can't believe that woman does not understand that what she did was not "comedy" but in fact heavy and dangerous bullying. Have you seen Megan Tonjes' and Grace Helbig's replies?
    Nicole then continued to call Tyler Oakley a bully on twitter because he said it was disappointing content.
    I hate bullying like nothing else. I don't understand how anybody goes out of their way to make others miserable. Bullys are the worst kind of people.
    I've encountered bullying in my school days too and I hope everyone who's going through it finds the strenghth to talk to somebody

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! No, I haven't but I'll check them out. I totally agree with you, I think it's sick and twisted if somebody goes out of their way to be horrible to someone. And so do I, I hope everyone who goes through bullying knows it'll end someday too, whether that means leaving school (either through going to another school or by leaving after year 11/sixth form) or standing up to their bullies.

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with you there is no reason that people should bully others!
    The Nicole Arbour Drama is just immature. What joy does she get out of hating on people? Its pathetic it just shows who she is as a person.
    Loved this post xx

    Daizy
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much for commenting! I've just googled about the drama and she honestly seems like such a horrible person, and you're right it is pathetic and shows exactly who she is as a person

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great post! I think that mean people are often very frustrated and unhappy people (and unfortunately decide to take it out on others) and it is important to realise that they are acting that way because they have a problem that does not have anything to do with you as a person. People who are self-confident, content and mature wouldn't act this way. I think we have to protect ourselves from thinking that we are causing them to be mean, because that never is the case.

    BTW, thanks again for nominating me for the Liebster Award, I talked about your blog in my post about it. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! You are totally right, we often forget that they're people too, but if they've upset you we rush straight to defend ourselves. I cannot agree with you more about the fact it is never our fault. That is too true, and personally I forget that a lot and blame myself
      Aww I've just read it and left a comment on your blog, it was so lovely what you said about me, so thank you very much!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I hate bullies... I got bullied when I was going to elementary school and it just affected the whole school experience. Then what I noticed is whoever bullies others are just losers, they just don't have a proper life and they just want to make other people feel miserable as how they do! Great post, and enjoyed reading it!


    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that you've been bullied. That's awful and I really feel for you because I know exactly what you've been through. You're so right, and that's such a lovely thing to say! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I agree, there's no need at all to be mean about others (although everyone, no matter what they say, has been guilty of it at some point!) But when someone continues to pick on someone and become a bully, it's a huge problem! But I think truly happy people never bully others, for people with issues it's their only way of getting attention or feeling good about themselves. x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for commenting - it means a lot! You're dead right, people who bully others must have serious issues to continually pick on someone and make them feel so low.

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. nicely stated! keep the positive vibes
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Another amazing and insightful post, wise words babes!! I used to get bullied all the time and it just made me feel so low and question why me, bullies don't realise how low it can make someone, and can make them feel permanently anxious/depressed/unconfident etc. I'm glad we can talk about things like this on this blogging platform, it's amazing to be able to talk about issues like this. Lots of love
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm so sorry to hear that you went through bullying hun, that's awful that it's resulted in you becoming anxious and depressed. I promise now, that getting your feelings out there, through blogging will make you feel so much better. I totally agree with you, because they don't realise the consequences of their actions. We should use blogging I think, to help those going through bullying or any other negativity, to show they're not alone. We should use it for good reasons.

      Lots of love
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Do the body shaming post! I would love to read that, especially as you're such a great writer!

    I feel the same as you, sometimes I can't help but say things that aren't very nice, and I feel terrible afterwards. I can't imagine why people would do things without any other reasons than just to do it though.

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment! I'll try and get round to writing it as soon as I can! I totally agree with all that you've said, there is just no need for being horrible towards others!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Aww thank you!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Amazing post. I've also been bullied and I stopped caring when I become more secure and confident in myself as a person. I think everything always starts with developing who you are as a person <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I;m so sorry to hear you've been bullied, it's one of the worst things that can happen to a person, as it seemingly occurs for no plausible reason. Aww I'm glad to hear that you're secure in yourself now :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. I totally agree with you and they definitely aren't the type of people you want in your life, this is something that has being going on in my work place actually and it's horrific how cruel and just horrible people are behind someone's back and just the plain out right disrespectful. A lot of them a young and immature and just have no respect and maturity towards others it's incredible sad and it makes you grateful for those beautiful people in the world like you so thank YOU! <3 xoxo

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much for commenting! That's awful, to think that this sort of cruel behaviour is in an adult workplace, its just so immature. Aww thank you so much! You're beautiful too omg, hope you're having a wonderful day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete