Latest Blog Post | Tasting Strange Teas!

Hello World!

So, during my London Adventure a couple weeks ago (I'm planning on getting that posted as soon as possible, so please bear with me guys, I've had a crap ton of work to do for school and I've been super stressed so it's taking a while to edit photos,draft the post etc.)  I was staying in a hotel which had a load of individual tea bags with a variety of flavours. Seeing as I'm a boring person, I love just normal, English Breakfast tea or Earl Grey and they're the only tea I drink. I usually take it with milk and 2 and 1/2 sugars (or sweetener if my mother is making it). I've never tried any exciting tea flavours, apart from green tea which I've only had once and cinnamon tea which is sooooooo nice, but I decided to give some other favours a go and blog about it! So, I took a few home with me, tried a few and here is my report. (Also, this post is for future reference when I start to feel adventuourous about tea! Which is basically, don't subject your taste buds to it - they won't thank you for it!)


Tea No.1 - Cranberry Tea

"Fruit infusion with the taste of cranberries"

Okay, so the first tea I tried was Cranberry Tea. The smell was quite fruity, with dark undertones of tea and a hint of (what smells like) mint. It was quite a familiar smell for some reason - I think it smelled a bit like the Fruit Flakes I had at break during Primary school! I didn't really like the smell as it was very strong. My brother actually messed this one up as he put milk in the first cup, so I had to use another one, but it tasted rather odd. My brain couldn't decide if it was fruity or tea. It messed me up. Never again.

Tea Rating: 3/5
 





Tea No.2 - Red Bush

 "Relax with naturally caffeine free rooibos"

The Redbush tea smelled a lot like coffee, which is odd becuase its caffeine free! It also had a really strong, earthy scent and my hands smelled like it after putting the teabag into the mug. The smell matched the taste, because it was a very strong tea. I'm going to be honest here, and say, a sip was enough. It tasted like mud. I don't know if that's how it normally tastes or because I let it brew waaaaaaay too long. I wouldn't ever have this tea again. Ever...

Tea Rating: 2/5


 




Tea No.4 - Summer Berry

"Fruit infusion with the taste of summer berries"

I decided to take this picture after the teabag had been dipped because it practically looked the same as the Cranberry tea. It smelled much more fruity than the Cranberry, as if you'd wandered into a blackbery bush. To be honest, it tasted exactly the same as the cranberry, but I think I prefer this to the Cranberry as this one was more fruity and the cranberry tea was so strong.

Tea Rating: 3.5/5









Tea No.5 - Peppermint Tea
"Like a breath of fresh air... Fresh, invigorating and intensely minty"

This tea was a different brand to the rest of the teas, which I do think made a difference. This tea smelled like a packet of really intense polos, and I was actually really looking forward to trying this as I love minty, refreshing tastes. However, this was such an odd combination. I love mint and I love tea, but to put it plainly, I do not like minty tea. I can hardly describe it, but it tasted like you were eating a piece of chewing gum and drank a sip of tea. Supposedly, peppermint tea helps with migraines, so next time I have one I will try this and see if it helps at all. Even if it tastes bad, I will try anything to stop them!

Tea Rating: -3/5



I know this was such a random post, however, I'd rather have something different than just the beauty and existential crises that I'm getting into the habit of posting! My Vinyl Record of the Month will also be up next Thursday so look out for that! So I hope I managed to decribe these teas well to you, as I know I'm not the best! My question for you guys this week is, do you drink tea? If you do, what is your favourite flavour? Thanks so much for reading this post, please subscribe, comment and share this blog with your friends!

I hope you're having an amazing day wherever you are in the world,


Lots of love,

Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. I love peppermint tea! And the cranberry tea sounds interesting. X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! I think peppermint tea is an aquired taste, so you're lucky!! I'd recommend cranberry tea as it was my favourite out of all of them!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Great post, I'm a tea obsessed haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting and for your support! I am too haha!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Are you still doing 'Do you ever feel?' i really enjoyed reading them! xx

    Daizy
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one scheduled for tonight at 6pm GMT and I explain why I didn't post one last week!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I always say I'll do this (try different flavours of tea) and I haven't done it yet, but this post has inspired me to do it! xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for commenting! Aww I'm so glad I've inspired you :) it's awesome, even though I thought I might like them more, it was a really fun experience and I'd recommend it! Let me know how you get on and if you decide to post anything about it, I'd love to read it :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great post! I am obsessed with drinking tea at the moment,I normally just stick to the normal earl grey kinds of tea but I think I need to try peppermint tea for when I get migraines too because they are just horrible and I will do literally anything to try and stop them
    Lots of love
    Chatter girl
    http://chattergirlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Omg, someone else who suffers with migraines!! I'm hoping to write a post soon about how they affect me and how much of a pain they are! You should totally try peppermint tea though, let me know if it improves your migraines because I need to get something to stop mine.

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Omg I love tea! I usually drink Matcha Green Tea in every variation possible, but I also found this "Chocolate" Tea that is amazing! I always drink my tea with Alpro Vanilla Soy Milk (It's sweet so i don't put in any extra sugar) and it tastes like Christmas!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! I've never tried Matcha Green Tea, but I really want to! Omg, chocolate is my life - I'll definitely have to find some! Around Christmas time I usually drink Cinnamon Tea and it is awesome - you should try it, because it tastes like christmas too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. This was soo interesting!! I'm boring and never try different teas, this has motivated me to actually try some different flavours haha!! And oh my gosh I used to love fruit flakes haha, throw back!!! Hope you had a lovely time in London!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad I've motivated you! You'd love it, it's really fun to do! Omg it's such a throw back - had them all the time in Year 3 ahah!! Aww thank you!
      Hope you're having a great day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It's great isn't it?!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete