Friday, 18 September 2015

Latest Blog Post | London Adventure!

Hello World!

Wow, so this post has been a LONG time coming! I'm so sorry this has taken me so long to upload guys, it's just been compileing the pictures that's taken the longest. Also, I don't want to make excuses but I've had a lot of homework recently and exams and ugh school. But I hope you enjoy this post!

A couple of weeks ago, I took a holiday down to London, to see the sights and to spend time with my grandparents. I also used it as an excuse to take some real Instagram worthy photos because, as you may well know, I love photography. These photos were all taken on my iPhone 4S as I haven't got used to my Olympus film camera just yet!

We visited the Houses of Parliament first, however there was a photography ban throughout nearly the whole building apart from Westminster Hall and of course, the iconic symbol of London, Big Ben. This was the only place we got a real guided tour and she told us that the Houses of Parliament is also called the Palace of Westminster. Also, that the word Parliament comes from the French word "parle" - which means to speak, because the language spoken in the Houses of Parliament was French back in the day! Unfortunatley, we weren't allowed to take pictures throughout the building, so I only managed to grab a few pictures! After we visited the Houses of Parliament, we had afternoon tea by the River Thames and it was so nice, and it was a gorgeous day too!














The next place we visited was Kensington Palace, which is the official residence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well as Prince George and Princess Charlotte. I wasn't overwhelmed by the outside of the Palace, as, compared to Buckingham Palace, didn't look very "palace-y". However, the inside was absolutely incredible, and you were able to take pictures, but you can't understand the scale of the palace just through a photo. Also, I've never seen so many nude paintings/statues in one place IN. MY. LIFE. It was super awkward, you guys should have been there. The gardens of Kensington Palace back onto Hyde Park I think, so it was so vast! The Palace's private gardens were absolutely gorgeous too. There was also this awesome exhibition about the Queen's style and fashion throughout her reign, starting in the 50's I think. All of the dresses were absolutely beautiful and I just had to take some pictures! Also, apologies for the grainy quality of some of them - the lighting was really dark!


























The next place we visited was a stately home called Kenwood House, in which we just strolled around the massive gardens and gave me some great photography opportunities! Unfortunately, we didn't actually get to go into Kenwood House itself so we didn't learn much about it's history, however we had a lovely time walking all around the gardens. Also, there was a a lake, with this beautiful white ornate bridge, which obviously I wanted to go over and take some amazing pictures of. As I walked around, it turned out the bridge didn't even exist, someone had just put panels of wood up to make it look as if it was a bridge!! So yeah, I was gutted that I wasn't able to take any aesthetic pictures of it.













This was the bridge that lied to me!!


The final place we visited was the R.A.F. Museum and it was incredible. They had all these amazing models of planes (and actual ones!) hanging from the ceiling in these vast aircraft hangars. The most amazing thing was the size of this UK fighter jet called the Vulcan, I swear, it was just enormous, it's amazing. If you ever get a chance to go to the R.A.F. Museum, make sure you go, because it's brilliant.


  
 






Thanks so much for reading this post and checking out my photography! I'd love to hear your feedback! Have you been to London? Where have you visited? Did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments below!

Hope you're having a wonderful day wherever you are in the world :)

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

28 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time! I love London!

    Floral Vlogger xx
    Www.floralvlog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you swo much for commenting! I do too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing time,all of your photos are lovely and definitely instagram worthy! I love visiting London,when we go we visit near enough the same places.That cream tea looks so yummy,think I may be investing in that today!
    Hope you're having a lovely day!
    Lots of love
    Chatter girl
    http://chattergirlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your comment! I'm thinking about setting up an instagram account for my blog actually, I wonder if people would like it? Omg the afternoon tea was amazing!!
      Hope you're having a fab day!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. No problem! You should definitely set up an instagram account,I think a lot of people would like it!

      Lots of love
      Chatter girl
      Xoxox

      Delete
    3. I'm gonna start looking into it! Thanks so much!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great photos! I love London, there are so much to see. I visited there 3 times and I still haven't seen many places. Looks like you had great time there.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for taking the time to comment! London is amazing, I love it too! I really did, it was a great weekend!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Amazing photos! The food looks amazing Xxx

    Daizy
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! It really was!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I love this post! I have been to London once last year and I'm actually been working on a London Post as well! I loved London and I'm definetly planning to go back it's such a beautiful city!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!
    I love all of your photos! They're beautiful!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I can't wait to read it, I'm sure it'll be awesome!! London is incredible and it's absolutely stunning, and I really want to go back too! Aww thank you, hope you enjoyed yours too :P

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow look so fun! how I wish I could be in London now, you have an amazing blog! thanks for sharing:) Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'd love to support your blog, I think I'm already following you actually! Hope you're having a great day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Seems like you had a great time! Beautiful pics♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment :) hope you're having a great day

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I love that post, London is my favourite city, there are so many amazing things to do. I really enjoy going shopping in Soho, walking around in Harrods (not that I could ever afford to buy anything haha) and having a picnic in Hyde Park. :) x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your lovely comment :) London is probably my favourite city apart from my hometown in the north of England! Omg, I didn't get to go to Harrods, although my grandparents really wanted to! Hyde Park is beautiful though :)
      Hope you're having a wonderful day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Great post hun! I've only been to London once, but I really enjoyed it, it's a beautiful place! This is evident by your gorgeous photos!!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for commenting hun! It really is beautiful, and thank you so much!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. great post
    GFC you want to follow and keep in touch?
    let me know and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yeah, that'd be awesome!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Really great pictures!
    Sounds like you had an amazing time in London, I love visiting there!
    That afternoon tea looks ridiculously good!!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment! I really did, I loved every minute of it! Omg, I swear, the afternoon tea was the best I've ever had!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  13. I can't believe how much you managed to get done! It's so good you had a mix of city-style attractions and the more rural (I think prettier) parts of London. The afternoon tea looked amazing too!!

    Victoria xx thedaisyjaynes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much for your lovely comment! Yeah, looking back now, it's amazing to see how much I got to do over the course of about 3 or 4 days! It really was - best cuppa I've ever had apart from my nan's haha!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete