Friday, 28 August 2015

Latest Blog Post | New School Year, New Me

Hello World!

First thing I'd like to say is, thank you so much for 1000 pageviews! I know it sounds stupid and small compared to some people, but I really just want to thank you guys for everything you do for me. The fact people are reading my content, literally straight from my mind, and are enjoying it, makes me feel amazing. Also the fact you guys can relate to the things I'm saying, just is absolutely incredible. I've always felt so alone, and now I have all of you guys supporting and commenting and even becoming friends with me is just...I have no words. Thank you guys so much. It's unbelievable.

Anyway...

Seeing as I'm going back to school next week and I'm starting Year 11, I've decided to embrace the new year and try and change and alter my lifestyle for the better! I'm going full out for this new school year, new me! Also, I want you guys to know I'm doing this for me, on my own terms and not to try and please anyone else. 
Change No.1: Setting a Schedule
Okay, I've decided so that I can optimise my free time, all weeknights will be doing something to do with school, as in homework, revision or reading. I've also decided to do more maths revision as I'm currently on a B, got a C in my mock and I'm aiming for an A. I know a B and C aren't bad at all because they're still a pass, but in all my previous maths tests I've gotten A's. Also, I feel the pressure from my friendship group because they are all getting A's and A*'s in all their subjects, and there's me getting B's and A's if I'm lucky. I want to turn this negative jealousy or envy and turn it into positive energy to help me to strive to do well on my own and put the effort in.
3:30 - 5:45 Day's Homework
6:00 - 7:00 Maths Revision
7:00 - 9:30 Day's Lesson Revision
9:30 - 10:00 Reading

Change No.2: Going to the Gym
I'm literally writing this post after having my induction into my local gym. I've got a pass so I can go swimming anytime and go to the gym between 4pm and 5pm on weekdays. This means  can go to the gym almost straight after school. As I'm 15, I'm at that awkward age where I'm not a kid, but I'm not apparently mature enough to use the machines on my own because I'm still growing and I might end up hurting myself in the long run. I'm going to be going to the gym, twice a week on a Wednesday and on a Friday, and if I have time, maybe for an hour on the weekend. It does mean however that I'll have to drop my maths revision on those days as I won't have time to do everything. I need to get fit, and it's not about not being confident with my body, or being unhappy with it or whatever, I want to get strong and lose the flab on my stomach, thighs and legs. Also, being a girl, I want my boobs to look better too!

Change No.3: Some More Sleep
I'm such a night owl and I hardly ever get to sleep before 1am, or sometimes even 2am. Sleep increases concentration levels, and on the whole makes you feel better. Also, I have super bad dark circles under my eyes and concealor never works so maybe sleep will! I plan on reading before going to bed, which supposedly helps you to fall asleep. They'll be no screens or TV's on before I go to sleep, or leaving my TV on the sleep timer, as that is so bad for your brain trying to fall asleep. I will however, allow myself to have my iPod so I can listen to podcasts, as I like having people's voices as white noise to concentrate on as I drift off.

Change No.4: Waking Up Earlier
This change will be so important for my weekends, as I often find myself waking up at 11am or 12pm, I kid you not guys, this is no exaggeration. I feel like my day is already over as I can't do anything and also, I often don't feel like getting dressed and I end up being generally unproductive. If I'm able to get up earlier on weekends, I'll be able to go to the gym, go shopping, do some general revision and most importantly, write blog posts.

Change No.5: Drinking More Water
I can literally get through a day without drinking anything. How bad is that? This is the reason I want to drink more water as it's good for your skin, concentration and is just overall amazing for your body. I'm going to try and drink a certain amout of water per hour, by getting a plastic water bottle and marking off houw much I have to drink per hour on the hour.

All these changes are trying to help me churn out good grades and also good blog posts, however, I hope you guys will be able to understand that, if I have a test, I will physicaly unable to post or write a new blog post as this next year is going to be so important

What do you guys think of my plan for this next year? Do you guys plan on doing anything like this? Let me know in the comments below!

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

20 comments:

  1. It's scary how alike we are, I have been making revision timetables and am going to get a gym induction tomorrow! (also I need to work on maths, c in mock and my target is an a)
    I think as we're going into year 11 it's so important to revise and last year I was merely dragging by. Also congrats on 1000 page views, thats insane!! I love reading your blog I can relate to you so much! <3
    Keep going you're really talented at blogging :)
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually really scary hahaha! Definitely, I'm making a promise to myself to revise right from the beginning because I know that I'll end up cramming everything because I'll have left it to the last minute! Aww, thank you so much for the congrats, and the fact you love reading my blog makes my day!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm a night owl too i seriously cannot get to sleep ever it's such a pain! I'm
    Daizy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Omg it's so annoying isn't it?!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Great plan and hope you will have an amazing school year :)
    Sleeping early and revisions are musts during school period. You can do it xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! Aww thank you so much! I really hope I can, but if people really believe in me, then I'll try my best!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Amazing plan! I am moving into year 10 so I think that I need to make some changes for the new school year too and I definitely need some kind of schedule because I like to leave everything to last minute!
    Hope you're having a lovely day and congrats on the 1000 pageviews I love reading your blog,it is absolutely amazing and your posts are always so lovely,I can always relate to you so much!
    Chattergirl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for commenting! Year 10 was really good for me, and organisation really helps, as that way you can prepare for Year 11 and even college or 6th form!
      Thanks so much for the congrats! You've always commented on every post I've written so thank you so much! Hop you're having an amazing day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS! :)
    Another great post again, setting a schedule is such a good idea!
    I am also planning on starting the gym again, I felt so much happier and less anxious and upset all the time when I was working out. However, laziness has took over me! Year 11 is such an important year so don't worry we understand if you get too busy to write blog posts!
    Keep up the good work hun, wishing you best of luck for year 11! xxxxxxx
    http://www.life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! Yes omg, the gym does that to me too! It give me so much more confidence and I actually feel so much better for going, even if I come out looking like a giant sweatbag xD Aww thank you so much for understanding, it's going to be a tough year, let alone the pressure to write blog posts. Thanks so much again hun!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. This is such a great plan! Going to the gym will definitely be a great thing because it releases all stress. I went spinning and I always felt amazing after it. Best of luck with year 11! By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! The rules are in my post! :) x

    | Caoimhe xo | www.ismisecaoimhe.blogspot.ie |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so mjuch for commenting! Aww, I've always wanted to go to a spin class, are they any good? Thanks so much for nominating me, oh my gosh I'll go and check it out now, I can't believe it!! Thanks so much again!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Spinning can be quite intense but the feeling afterwards is incredible. I highly recommend it. Aw you're more than welcome. You deserve it so much :) x

      | Caoimhe xo |

      Delete
  7. That sounds like a great plan, I'm sure it will help you a lot! :) I actually tried to set a schedule when I used to go to school and it definitely led to being more productive :) From my experience it is really important to take some time off as well. Because I sometimes reached a point where I felt like all I did was going to school and sleeping haha. So going to the gym might really make a difference! Some other things I did to take my mind off were playing tennis and spending some quality time with my family. :)

    And btw, congrats, you completely deserve it! And remember, you're not alone! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a great plan :) Love this post , it's really helpful
    kiss

    new post http://sarameirelesthesnowwhite.blogspot.pt/2015/09/cc-hair-extensions.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and thank you so much, I'm so glad you found it useful!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Have the same issues! I'll try to follow these tips as I'm going back to school in a few weeks and I'd love to change A LOT of things in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for commenting! Let me know how you get on, I hope everything goes well for you! Hope you have a great day :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the 1000 pageviews! I know how exciting it is I "only" have 2000 pageviews as well and I was so happy and actually celebrated having finally gotten to 1000 pageviews it's so exciting especially seeing from where in the world people decide to look at your blog. :)
    And those are all great plans!
    Waking up early will really be worth it! I am one of those people who gets up at 8 even on the weekends, because you will have so much time to be productive and fell like you really accomplish a lot and also you'll be a lot more motivated! (And getting up early and going to the gym will give you a great kickstart to the day and lots of energy)
    I hope you have a wonderful year 11!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'm pretty close to 2000 now, it's amazing and such an achievement! I'm proud of you for getting 2000, and I'm glad you celebrated! Omg, I'm constantly checking the stats of my blog - it's like an addiction! Aww thank you so much, you've encouraged me to wake up earlier, because I've been struggling recently! I need the time to revise and do homeworka and write my blog posts!
      Thank you so much, I hope I do too! And I just hope you have a fabulous year!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete