Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Latest Blog Post | Holiday Homework Haul!

Hello World!

First of all, I want to say thank you for the great reception of my previous and first, real, proper blog post (if you haven't read it yet, you can click here to read it) about feeling left out. It actually made me really emotional to think that really, we aren't alone and that everybody goes through that horrible feeling. I also want to thank everyone who took the time to comment and share their own personal stories in the comments. It's really brave of you to do that, and I honestly really appreciate that. If anybody needs to talk about anything, my Google + is always open, even if you just need some advice about a certain situation or you just need a stranger to listen to you and get worries or problems off your mind. Thanks so much again guys, I've been made to feel really welcome in the blogging community, and it's just somewhere I feel I belong now I guess. 

Also, I've decided that I'm going to post whenever I can, and whenever I feel like over these next couple of weeks towards the end of the summer holidays. I want to get as much content out there before school starts, that way you guys won't be without posts.

Anyway, on with the post!
Okay, so I have a few things I need to get off my chest. I am so done with teachers giving homework over the summer holidays.
The clue is literally in the title, summer HOLIDAY!! Urgh! I've been waist-deep in Art coursework, and I've been doing that for the past three weeks and also causing me to get migraines (which I will explain in another post soon!) due to the type of style I'm doing it in, called Zentangle. It concentrates on drawing tiny, delicate patterns and the actual patterns are more important than the finished product. I've done at least 5 full pieces in the last three weeks, including 7 sketchbook backgrounds. And that's literally only the half of it, I'm stressed with the enormous amount I've still got left to do.

Art isn't my only worry though. I have history homework to do too, revision and an essay to write. Thankfully I'm alright at English and I can ramble forever about the Weimar Republic by embrodering the facts right? I actually really enjoy History at the moment, because we get to study The British Invasion of the 1960's, Mods and Rockers and basically everything I'm into.

Then there's maths. I won't go too into detail right now about my hatred for arithmetic. I simply cannot understand the need for quadratic equations and formulas. When will I ever need the sum of interior angles of a hexagon? Ugh, I've put this to my maths teacher and he simply shrugs. I think he's fed up of trying to get me to shut up "chattering" during lessons.

I have a French speaking exam to prepare for which I've only just remembered about now so thank god for the blog (hmm... Might make that my thing #thankgodfortheblog even though it's probably already a thing) where I have to learn a page and a half of French off by heart. I'm already dreading it and stressing majorly. Thankfully, I say in a sarcastic manner, we get 40 words during the exam from our French essays! Okay from face value, 40 sounds decent enough, I mean it's an exam, they can't just hand you your paper because then it wouldn't be testing you would it? However, it takes at least 300-350 words to get an A*. So you'd still have to learn about 200 French words. There is no way out. And these 40 French words cannot be conjugated and must be in its infinitive form (to anyone to doesn't do languages or has no clue what I'm talking about basically an infinitive is the word you find in the dictionary that hasn't been put into a tense). If there are any French speaking readers out there, first of all, oh my god how and where did you get your powers from to be bilingual, secondly, do you as native french speakers, have any tips for a stupid English girl that cannot a) remember anything an b) has an awful French accent. 

Right, well I've rambled plenty so thank you very much for reading and hopefully be updating again soon! Please subscribe, comment and share my blog around with your friends I'd really appreciate it!

I hope you have a lovely day wherever you are in the world!

Marshmallow Skye
xoxo 

22 comments:

  1. Nice post, love it :) Kiss kiss from France, *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I had no idea I had a French reader out there! Kisses from England!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cool look! Have a nice day :)

    Can you follow me back? :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2015/08/znu-part-one.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we should follow each other back! You too, hope you have a great day!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I used to be so nervous for French exams because the grammar is just incredibly difficult and there are so many accents, that the english language doesn't even have!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I know omg don't know why I took it for GCSE at all! I'm literally so nervous but have no motivation to revise because I'm so sick of school work it feels like I haven't been off!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love your Blog, you are now followed! Thanks for your comment on my post!
    xx

    http://vikky-ann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love your Blog, you are now followed! Thanks for your comment on my post!
    xx

    http://vikky-ann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Blog, you are now followed! Thanks for your comment on my post!
    xx

    http://vikky-ann.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how old are you? Sounds like you're doing GCSEs (which I finished this year and got my results for today! Working on a post on that!)
    My advice for GCSEs in general is put the biggest focus on English and Maths, as you need them for most A level courses and then worry most about the subjects you want to study in the future. I got an E in my textiles GCSE as I didn't care enough about that to devote revision time to it, over revising other subjects that I need.
    Sorry, I'm rambling lol -sorry if it's not even GCSEs you're doing! DM me if you want any advice though and I hope things lighten up for you soon! xxx
    -Cait xx

    www.Passionate-Mind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 15! And yep I'm doing my GCSEs! Omg, so many of my friends who've already gone through the process have told me to do that, concentrate on English and Maths and prioritise the rest of the subjects. I think I'm doing 19 exams next year, or something ridiculous like that, so it's going to be inevitable that I'll have to sacrifice some revision for different subjects. Aww thank you so much Cait! Is it okay if I add you on Google+? My icon has the Beatles btw. Thanks so much for commenting, I really appreciate it!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Aw it made me smile reading the beginning of this post, I'm so glad you feel apart of the blogging community, and I'm so glad you received a lot of comments on your post about being left out. I've just really got into blogging, and when I receive comments on my posts I also feel the same way, that I'm finally apart of something.
    When I was doing my GCSE's the stress was also unbearable, so I fully understand how you feel, I've recently just finished doing my A-levels and boy was that exhausting. However, all the stress and constant revision does pay off, which I realized after receiving my results.
    I LOVE #thankgodfortheblog, haha that is amazing, you should definitely keep using it. I hope you have a lovely day and I look forward to reading more of your posts! xxxx
    http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww omg, that's such a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much for commenting! It is such a great thing to be part of this bigger community where everyone accepts each other and there's a part of the internet where we can all express ourselves. I hope you've done well in your A-Levels - I'm sure you've done amazing!
      Omg do you like it? I'm pretty sure it's already a thing but I'm gonna carry on using it!! Aww thank you so much, I hope you do too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Follow for follow??

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Hey again! :) I've nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award!
    Here is the link: http://beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi omg thank you so much! I just left a comment on your blog explaining how much this means to me! Thank you to the moon and back, its amazing! I have to add you on google right now omg

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Aw no problem hum and yeah do be lovely to talk more!! XXX

      Delete
    3. Great! I sent you a request! I have the Beatles as my profile picture haha :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. And there's me still hasn't started her homework hahahaha
    Maybe I should find inspiration from all of your hardwork and start mine :)
    Loved the post!! I was laughing so hard about 40 words, I took German it's exactly the same, 40 words are my little saviours! :)
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually done that much haha! I need to do my history essay still and I'm majorly stressing but at the same time I don't care xD Omg 40 words are literally amazing haha!! Hope you're having a great day Molly!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete