Sunday, 30 August 2015

Beauty | Makeup Products I Use | Part 1 - Face Products

 Hello World!

Today I thought I'd try something different and do some Beauty reviews and show you what products I use! This is going to be a 3 part series covering literally all my makeup (yep, I don't have much so guys, leave some products I need to pick up in the comments, I'm open to anything!) and this is Part 1 - Face Products. Also, some of these products I've been using for a while so they look a bit worn! And also, some of them my nan has given me because she just buys truckloads of makeup she doesn't need or doesn't like so often she gives them to me and my mum.
Benefit POREfessional
RRP - £24.50
I use this product all over my face, down the bridge of my nose, chin and forehead (especially as my T-Zone is rather oily) and blend it into my skin using my fingers. I've used the Benefit Pore-Fector for a couple of years now and it's the best primer I've found. I swear by it and it's the only primer I use. It has a really creamy, however not thick consistency and makes the skin look brighter whilst making your pores invisible. You can also put this primer over the top of your foundation too in case you get a bit of a shine later on in the day. 
 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealor
Shade - Ivory (I also use Soft Beige)
 RRP - £5.49
I apply this product to the bridge of my nose, around my nostrils, my chin and under my eyes. I blend this using the smaller of my bareMinerals brushes, or often, my fingers. I have REAAAALLY bad and prominent dark circles under my eyes, which is probably down to the fact I never sleep, and I can't find a concealor to completely cover them. I bought this product after seeing various Youtubers and friends raving about it, but personally, I don't understand the hype. I don't think it covers my dark circles very well, which I don't know whether it's down to the fact it's not thick enough or isn't the right colour to balance out the dark blues. If you guys have any idea as to what concealor I could use to replace this, please let me know in the comments!

 
No.7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation
Shade - Calico
RRP - £14.50
As its foundation, I obviously apply this all over my face using the bigger of my bareMinerals makeup brushes. This foundation is great for its price and being from Boots it's from a high street brand. It's a great investment as a little bit goes a long way! I've used this foundation for about a year now on and off and as I've gone through phases of trying different foundations I always find myself reaching back for this one. Because this is a No.7 product, you can get colour matched in store which also attracted me to it, as often when I've bought foundation in the past they've always been a bit too orangey. However the shade I wear, Calico, is the perfect match for my skin tone!


bareMinerals SPF15 MATTE Foundation
Shade - Medium Beige
RRP - £26.00
I apply this all over my face to take the shine off the foundation and add a bit more colour to my face. During the summer, I often just wear this foundation as it's really light and has SPF protection too. I often interchange between using the bareMinerals or the No.7 Superlight Foundation. I was introduced to bareMinerals through my mum and my nan as they both use and love their products - and so do I! I use the shade Medium Beige.


Bourjois Bronzing Powder and Highlighter
RRP - £7.99
I decided to buy this after Louise (Sprinkle Of Glitter) recommeded this on one of her monthly favourites from a while ago. I'd never contoured before, so I thought seeing as it was a highstreet brand, I wouldn't be wasting a lot of money if a) I didn't like it or b) I couldn't do it. I'm going to be honest here, I still have no idea how to contour properly, especially using this pallete. It's so small that I can't get my brush in the bronzing section properly and I end up getting both brozing and highlighting powder on my brush. Ughhh... If you guys can recommend any highstreet bronzing and contouring pallettes please let me know in the comments below!


Laura Geller Baked Highlighter
Shade - French Vanilla
  RRP - £20-£34 (This is the range of prices I found online)
I LOVE this highlighter so much! It's gorgeous, with little "rainbow" pigments it reflects sunglight and makes your skin look so radiant and sunkissed! I've only recently started using this product but I now use it pretty much every day, just to highlight the top of my cheekbones and chin. However, the only thing that annoys me about this product is how much excess falls out of the pot when you swirl your brush in - it's caused me to spill a lot of the product onto my bedroom and the bathroom floor.


No.7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush
Shade - Rose Glow
 RRP - £9.95
I've had this cream blush for a while now, and that's the thing, this product is a real investment - it's lasted me nearly a full year now and I don't think I'm even half way through! This No.7 product gives you such a pretty rosy cheek effect without using too much. You simply draw a circle on the apple of your cheeks and blend out with your fingers, although you can use a brush if you prefer. 


bareMinerals READY SPF Touch Up Veil
Shade - Translucent

 RRP - £22.00
This is the best finishing powder I have used in a long time. It's super long lasting and despite it's price is a definate investment! I love the fact it comes with a compact mirror too, that way you don't have to carry around a mirror in your purse as well, which can actually be quite heavy to carry around. And it also means that you don't have to struggle with your phone's front camera either, which I've been doing more lately when I forget this!

Well that's the first part of my 3 part series over! Thanks a lot for reading! My question today is, what beauty products can you not live without? And also, leave a comment with your favourite contouring kits! Please follow and share my blog with your friends!

Hope you're having an amazing day!

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

22 comments:

  1. These are great products, so many lovely picks. Bourjois bronzer is really good for such price. xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment! Aww thanks! I had no idea what I was doing, because I wanted to make them look so "tumblr" and hipster!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love the Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer I swear by it, for me it has great coverage and covers the dark circles under my eyes well but i don't get very bad dark circles (but i barely ever sleep!?) Maybe you just need a darker shade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer I swear by it haha xx

    Daizy
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks so much for commenting! Yeah, I think I'll have to get another one in a more "colour correcting" shade! I recently tried the Natural Collection concealor and it's fab! I think I'll be using that one more often!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great post! I really need to try the porefessionals I haven't tried anything from Benefit sadly :( I have the highlighter and bronzer duo and I find it hard to use, it's so small and the bronzer hardly shows up on my skin! I definitely need to invest in a new bronzer! I also use the same concealer, I use it to brighten my under eyes and use it bridge of my nose/chin/cupids Bow etc but I think for me it works best for under my eyes, I always have dark circles as well!! Loved reading this, very interesting to read what makeup people use!:) xxxxxxx
    http://www.life-by-becky.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey B! Thanks so much for commenting! Omg, you have to try the POREfessional, it's brilliant! I have quite oily skin on my nose, and it takes the shine right off, and even on the rest of my face, it holds makeup so well! Dark circles suck so much, no matter how much I sleep, they never seem to go!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. No problem babes, and I deffo need to invest in a good primer then! and tell me about it hahaha!!
      Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

      Delete
  5. Love a lot of these, must try the No 7 foundation now I've seen this! I've also nominated you for the Liebster Award the information is on my blog so you can nominate other blogs too!

    Ash

    ashleighfrances.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to comment, also for following me! Thanks for thinking I'm worthy! The No.7 foundations are so good for their price, I actually bought the Instant Radiance (I think that's what it's called) today and it's great for a more medium coverage, as the Stay Perfect superlight is well, really light! Oh my gosh, thank you so much for thinking I'm worthy for the nomination!! I'll check it out right now! Thanks so much again!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Great items! I love the wake me up range it's great value for money <3

    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much for commenting! The wake me up range is great, and like you say, it really is good value!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great post! Your photos are amazing! I love and have a lot of these products and they are all really good,but I need to try No.7 Pop and glow cream blush because that just looks absolutely stunning and the price is not to bad either.
    Hope that you are having a lovely day!
    Chattergirl xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chatter Girl! Thank you so much for commenting, and I'm so sorry that I've only been able to reply now! You definitely need to try the Pop and Glow, it's so cute! They have it in a more coral shade too, and even have highlighting and I think even contouring version. I've had a great day today, so thank you, and I hope you're having a great day too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. We nominated you for a Liebster award! Go check it out for the rules and questions xx
    Daizy&Zya
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me, and I'm so sorry I've only been able to reply back now! I've had a look and I'm in the middle of doing my liebster award post!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. I really want to get the wake me up concealor


    Www.shannon-Mary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, you should definitely try it! However, if you have really bad circles, I wouldn't recommend the Rimmel concealor

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. The POREfessional Primer is one of my favourite primers as well :) If you're looking for a good concealer to cover dark circles I can recommend the Garnier Anti-Puff Eye Roller, it is amazing and the product lasted for more than year! Other than that, you could try the Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection 2000, it is really worth the hype. ;) I'm not the best at contouring either but I feel like having the right brush makes all the difference - I'm using the Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush which is definitely the most expensive brush I've ever owned but it was worth the money - if you want to spend less money on a brush you try a Real Techniques one, they are very good as well. ;) I hope you have a great day! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I'm so sorry I've only had chance to reply now! I've heard such great things about the Eye Roller, I'm definitely going to have to give it a try! I actually bought the Collection concealor the day after I posted this, but I'm planning to write my thoughts about it in another post, however I will tell you that it's great quality for the price! I have a few of the Real Techniques eye brushes and they're great so I've been thinking of investing in the face brushes!
      Hope you've had a great day too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. I love this post! I was looking for a foundation for a while, I'm going to try to get my hands on the BareMineral Foundation!

    www.rosegoldheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, I'm so glad you loved it! The Bare Minerals foundation is absolutely lovely, let me know how you get on with it!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete