Tuesday, 25 August 2015

Lifestyle | A Late Night Rambling...

Hello World,

This year, I've struggled with coming to terms with the fact people actually need me, and love me and appreciate me for who I am. This isn't a coming out post, because I'm not gay, but that I'm coming to terms that I am wanted and needed in this world. I checked my snapchat this evening, flicking through the different snapchat stories and one of my friends was upset. Naturally, I sent her a message to see if she was okay. It was a day that really upset her (I don't want to share too much in case she doesn't want me to share it) and she had bad memories of it. She mentioned that the day it happened, I'd stayed up all night to talk to her and make sure she was alright, and she'd never forget the kindness I'd showed her. She said she was lucky to have a friend like me. I actually teared up reading her message. Lucky to have a friend like me, just makes me feel so...special, and needed and wanted and loved. She also said that I'm brilliantly and fabulously talented and she'd missed me over the summer. For so long, I've felt like I've just been existing and not living. People close to me, and people I don't even know that well have talked to me to ask for my advice and for someone to listen to them. 

Obviously, they've all thanked me for my advice and every time I feel like I've been able to help someone, I start crying. I'm an emotional person, and the fact that I've been able to impact someone's life so positively just overwhelms me. I guess it's also nice to be remembered. I have this fear, some would say it's irrational, that I will die and that nobody will ever remember me, that I'll never live on in someone's mind, and that my life will have been pointless and worthless. It's another reason I started this blog. I don't want my life to be forgotten and worthless. I want to help people feel better, and make a positive impact on them. I want to be the person I want to be, and look in the mirror and smile, look at my grades and smile, look at my friends and smile. 

I really don't know what this post was, but I'm a great supporter of spontenaety, although I do like structure. I just felt like I needed to post this, just to clear my mind and to remind myself that I am wanted, and loved, and needed. Not just a statistic, or a person waiting for life to begin. I believe that you can't just stand around waiting for life to kick in and sweep you off your feet. You have to work for it because nothing is free in this world or this life. I want to remind you out there, whoever you are, that even when you're down and upset and heartbroken that there will always, always, be someone out there to help you, and you're not worthless, or boring or pointless. You are beautiful, amazing and wanted and you will do incredible things, I can see it now. 
Hope you guys are having a great day, wherever you are in the world

Lots of love,
Marshmallow Skye
xoxo

14 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post! Everybody needs a supportive friend and kindness shown to them. :)

    http://beewritesx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I just felt that I need to get all this off my chest and I really don't know what it was haha! Thank you so much for your lovely comment, the support means so much :)
      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This is incredible! You're such a lovely person, I wish I was surrounded by friends like you!
    Hope you're having a lovely day! xoxo
    http://www.beckybobble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Becky you're literally the best I swear, your support is just incredible because you're always there for me. We should definitely talk more omg. Hope you're having a lovely day too!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Aww that's so nice of you to say!! Your support is AMAZING, I'll always support you, I'm glad I've made a friend, making a blog has definitely been one of the best things I have ever done! All my best! xxxx

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad I've made my blog too, otherwise I'd never have met you, or all these amazing people who've taken the time to follow or to comment. I'll always support you too, so don't worry about that haha!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I swear that you are the nicest person ever! Your friend is so lucky to have you and what you did for them is so sweet and caring,I wish that I had more friends like you!
    Hope you are having great day! xox
    http://chattergirlsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this adorable comment - you're so sweet to me, and the support means so much! I wish I had more friends like everyone on here who constantly supports me and has done since the start!! Thank you so much, I hope you're having a fabulous day! :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, I really like your writing style.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! That's such a lovely thing to say, thanks a lot!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Well after reading your post, I can understand why your friend is feeling lucky to have you - you sound like a truly amazing and caring person. And you're making an impact, in fact your blog post just cheered me up and made my day a lot better, keep doing what you're doing, I love your blog! Have a great rest of the day! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is literally one of the most loveliest things a person has ever said to me. The fact my blog cheered you up is just amazing and it makes me feel so amazing too. Thank you sooooooo much for your support for my blog. You've literally been here since the beginning. I'll never forget this comment. Thank you so much once again. I hope you have an amazing day too :)

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. When you talked about why you'd created your blog it really made me smile :) xx
    Daizy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Your comment just made me smile!

      Lots of love,
      Marshmallow Skye
      xoxo

      Delete